Taste of Peoria - 2006
The 25th Annual Taste of Peoria was held on Wednesday, August 9th, 2006
at Festival Park on the Peoria riverfront from 4 - 11 p.m.
These 40 local restaurants, listed by their booth numbers, offered the following appetizers, entrees, desserts, and drinks.
1 & 2. Hick'ry Stick - Hickory Smoked rib bites, hickory smoked pulled beef brisket.
3. Flagstones - Cinnamon rolls, and shrimp cocktail.
4. T.G.I. Friday's - Jack Daniels Sesame strips.
5. Baker's Square - French Silk pie, and apple pie.
6. Carlos O'Kelly's - Fried ice cream, margarita chicken fajitas.
7. Kade's Coffee - Chocolate Kadeccino, and fruit smoothies.
8. Peking Restaurant - beef saish kebab, and shrimp fried rice.
9. Tequila's Mexican Bar & Grill - nachos, tacos.
10. Camille's Sidewalk Cafe - Bangkok Thai wrap, blueberry Cozumel Smoothie.
11. Bennigan's - Guiness grill ribs, and apple sizzler.
12. Hooter's - Chicken wings, and key lime pie.
13. Cargnegies 501 - Chicken canoes, chocolate covered strawberries.
14 & 15. WeaverRidge Golf Club - Chicken quesadilla.
16. Echo Valley Catering Inc. - Beef brisket , smoked Andouille stuffed pork loin with Cajun sauce.
17. Papa Murphy's Take N' Bake Pizza - Pepperoni pizza, and gourmet chicken garlic pizza.
18. Chef John's - smoked sausage vegetable skewers.
19. Lonestar Steakhouse - Spicy spinach and artichoke dip, Lonestar chili.
20. Java Jolt - Extreme toffee coffee, strawberry banana.
21. Roly Poly Sandwiches - Philly melt, and basil cashew chicken.
22. Udder's Ice Creamery - Ice cream.
23 & 24. Ing's Chinese Express - Fried wonton, jumbo egg rolls, sweet & sour chicken, crab Rangoon.
25. Smoothie King - Strawberry Extreme Smoothie.
26. The Cookie Shack - Cookies, Cookie Ice cream sandwich.
27. Old Chicago Restaurant - Six cheese pizza, and pepperoni rolls.
28. InPlay - Deep fried pickles, grilled or cajun chicken sandwich.
29. Torrey Park Catering Concessions - Brats with kraut, stuffed pretzel.
30. Thanh Linh Vietnamese - Chicken egg rolls, chicken shish kebab.
31. Culver's of East Peoria - Strawberry shortcake sundae.
32 & 33 - Haddad's restaurant - gyro, cabbage rolls, hummus dip, and baklava.
34. Gracie's Chicago Style Grill - BBQ brisket, 2 mini Chicago dogs.
35. JJ Ryan's Pub & Grill - Andouille bites.
36. Kelleher's Irish Pub - Guinness beef sandwich.
37. Willie's Tamales - pork chop, and homemade tamales.
38 & 39. Barth's Pottstown Meat & Deli -Black Forest marinated pork chop, and beef jerky sticks.
40. Cheddar's Casual Cafe - Ice cream sundaes.
41. Bistro 320 - Shrimp salsa, and bistro chips.
42. Lindsay's on Liberty - Lobster bisque, and chocolate wonton.
But Who Won?
The first place winner for Best Entree was Echo Valley Catering, with their andouille stuffed pork loin with cajun spices. Second place winner was Barth's Pottstown Meat & Deli with their black forest pork chop, and third place winner was Haddad's with their tasty gyros.
Best Casual Entree winners were: First Place - Kelleher's Irish Pub for their Guinness beef sandwich. Second Place - Lonestar Steakhouse with their Lonestar Chili. Third Place - Gracie's Chicago Style Grill for their mini Chicago dogs.
Best Appetizer - TGI Friday's took First Place with their Jack Daniels Sesame Strips. Second Place - Lonestar Steakhouse with their spicy spinach and artichoke dip. Third Place - Carnegie's 501 - with their chicken canoes.
Best dessert - Carlos O'Kelly's took first Place with their fried ice cream. Second Place winner was Carnegie's 501 with their chocolate covered strawberries, and third place winner was Lindsay's on Liverty with their chocolate wonton.
Carnegie's 501 also earned the Best of Show award.
Congratulations to everyone!